Q. What is sponsorship?
A. Child sponsorship establishes a relationship between individual donors and sponsored children. Sponsors provide a monthly gift, which is used to help provide benefits for their sponsored children. BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION has chosen sponsorship as our means for helping needy and orphaned children because we’ve found that pairing one child with one sponsor is the most effective way to receive consistent gifts from our donors…and therefore provide stable, ongoing benefits and services to the orphaned children.
Q. How much does it cost to sponsor a child?
A. Just $45.00 a month. We’ve found ways to keep costs down without cutting into the care you help provide your child. But we do not limit the amount of amount of money any one wants to donate to his or her child, so any amount is okay.
Q. How can sponsors provide so much for $45.00 a month?
A. BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION looks for ways to keep costs down without sacrificing the care each child receives: Whenever possible, we provide sponsorship to large numbers of orphaned children concentrated in the same area. This helps us more quickly and effectively distributes benefits, administer care and keep children informed about programs and services. We use trained volunteers to help us carry out program activities — many of whom are the guardians of sponsored children. We purchase items for the children such as food, clothing and school supplies in bulk quantities in the areas where we work — to save money and help the local economies.
Q. How are the funds you receive used to help needy and orphaned children?
A. Funds are used as follows:
- Medical care and nutritional support: BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION provides access to medical care for every sponsored child and provides follow-up care and medication to sick and injured children.
- Educational assistance: We provide school uniforms, fees, bags, shoes, stockings, textbooks and school supplies for sponsored children.
- Clothing: Every child in the sponsorship program receives a number of new clothing items every year, ranging from shirts, pants, shoes, socks, skirts and school uniforms to underwear.
- Material aid: Sponsored children receive assistance with practical necessities such as bedding, dishes, eating utensils, and cleaning supplies.
- Food: Every home that takes care of the child or children who are under our programme is given food monthly.
Q. How do you ensure that the funds you receive are spent as your sponsors intend?
A. Financial accountability is a matter of paramount importance at BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION. Our strong foundation has been established through stringent accounting and financial reporting procedures to ensure that the funds and products that we send to our projects are properly used.
Q. Can I visit my child?
A. Of course! Nothing is better than meeting the child you are sponsoring face-to-face, to see how your child lives and witness firsthand what your contributions help provide.
Q. Will my child write to me? Can I write to my child?
A. Yes! You will receive two letters a year from your child, approximately six months apart. Of course, you may write to your child as often as you wish. And you will receive a reply to your letter.
Q. As a sponsor, what do I receive throughout the year?
A. You’ll receive:
- • Two letters from your child each year.
- A new color photograph of your child every year.
- An annual communication from your child’s Project Director to keep you informed about exactly what’s happening in your child’s community.
- The opportunity to send birthday, Christmas and Easter greetings to your child and help provide gifts on these and other special occasions.
- A Package with a photo and information about your child, including an address where you can write your child
- An opportunity to visit your child through our Volunteer program
- Two letters per year from your child
- An updated photos from your child at least twice a year
- The opportunity to help your child in other ways
Q. Are my gifts tax-deductible?
A. Please consult with your tax advisor for more information.
[We are a registered charity in Uganda]
Q. What types of benefits do sponsored children receive?
A. Through sponsorship, your child receives direct and vital benefits to help him or her grow up healthy and educated. You’ll help provide important assistance, such as:
- Medical and dental care
- A better chance for an education by helping remove barriers that can keep a child from attending school. This is accomplished by providing school-age children with needed items like school fees, books, supplies and uniforms.
- New, durable clothing
- Improved living conditions, nutrition education and other vital assistance that affects your child
- Emergency food and vitamins structured activities to encourage moral and spiritual values
- And much more!
- Our program benefits focus on the needs of individual children. To help ensure the children receive the best possible care, detailed benefit registers, listing benefits received for each child, are signed by the and kept on file in our field project areas.
Q. May I help my child through my employer’s matching gifts program or the Combined Federal Campaign?
A. Absolutely! Many sponsors participate in their employer’s Matching Gifts program in which the employer matches their employees’ charitable contributions. Please contact your human resources or payroll department today to find out if they can match your contributions to BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION and, if you’re a government employee, please consider helping BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION through the Combined Federal Campaign. Through this special program, a charitable contribution may be automatically deducted from your paycheck to give vital help to impoverished children.
Q. Am I my child’s only sponsor?
A. Yes, if you sponsor a child through our Sponsorship program, your child will have only one sponsor, you!
Q. Can I get free, no-obligation information on an actual child who needs a sponsor before I make my decision?
A. Absolutely! We’ll send you the actual photo and personal history of one child who needs a sponsor completely free and with no obligation — so you can see the child you would be helping before you decide.
Q. How does your contribution amount compare to that requested by other sponsorship organizations?
A. At $45.00 a month, BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION remains one of the lowest-cost major child sponsorship programs. We’ve been able to keep our costs down through careful planning, smart spending, utilizing volunteers, and through intensive evaluation of our programs for maximum effectiveness. And we’ll continue to spend your contributions carefully and wisely to help benefit your child.
Q. What percentage of the funds you receive is used for programs and services that benefit sponsored children?
A. We are proud of our financial accountability and integrity. BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION is highly rated by the local communities where we work.
Q. If I must discontinue my sponsorship, what happens to the child I’m helping?
A. We will look for another sponsor for your child immediately, doing our very best to provide uninterrupted support of that orphan.
Q.What length of time is my sponsorship for?
A. Your sponsorship will last as long as your sponsored orphan remains in our program. This could be years, or months, depending on the situation of the orphan. If there is any change in the status of the child, we will immediately let you know.
Q. Is prayer important in BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION sponsorship?
A. It is important to pray, not only for your sponsored child, but for the needs of orphans and widows worldwide as well. While the needs are many, some, you might remember to pray for include: health, safety, developmental and physical growth, and educational, emotional and spiritual growth.
Q. Is BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION affiliated with any church or denomination?
A. As a faith-based program, BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION works with many indigenous churches in the rural areas representing several Christian denominations. Helping one child opens avenues for others to also learn the gospel. About 15 people or more usually get saved as a result of helping one child because they see how the Lord is blessing her/him.
Q. Which is the best way to send funds to BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION in Uganda?
A. The simplest way to send funds is to use the Donate Link on the right of every page of this website, and donate via credit card.
SIGN UP AS A SPONSOR
Checks or Money Orders may be sent by postal mail to our US President’s address below and they will be sent to Uganda for you.
Brethren Youth Organization – BAYOG
Funds may also be wired to us using Western Union or Money Gram or sent directly on BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION bank account below:
BANK: EQUITY BANK
Account Name: BRETHREN YOUTH ORGANIZATION
Equity Bank Uganda Limited
FOR WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM TRANSACTIONS:
Please send the money to:
Name: Mwebaza Andrew
You will provide the following information after the transactions:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR GIFT MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR FAITHFULNESS.